Some 40 minutes and 1 blog ago, I mentioned that I am recently relocated... both professionally and geographically. I quit a so called high profile job that doesn't pay so well* (check the * for footnotes below)
... and got a much better paying ... low profile job... (and what I mean by that is .. not being on newspapers or hobnobbing with the press or media all the time, it does not at all mean the job is lowly because it actually is spectacular, and one of the best jobs I have ever had, in fact I am so excited and into it, I even take it home) ...
... as a marketing specialist on the internet.
It is a bit of a change. For one thing, I no longer lead people... but what is leading anyways.. leading isn't managing (as manager).. leading is influencing people, and I'd like to think I am still good at the influencing department.
Work wise, not far from what I have been doing (marketing) all my life, yet on a different avenue with new rules to learn, and new games to play... but then again... it really isn't a new game... just a different playing field. Its the same game.
Marketing is still marketing no matter the industry. A shovel in your backyard, is still the same shovel at the beach; same purpose, same job done ... just different ground to cover.
So what it is? Well, it's marketing done on the internet... the influencing of minds, the maneuvering of perceptions.. all part of that gigantic capitalist scheme to sell something, but this time on the internet... make them whip out their cards and buy something online, and cycle them through the same process over and over again.
Yes, I am part of the capitalist regime, a part of that group that gives you that ready answer in your head why this one product A is better than product B.
Didn't I just say earlier, leadership is influence.
I seem to have again, wandered off from my main train of thought, and that happens quite often. Ever think of a great idea that you get excited about, but gets overtaken by something else ina few seconds, and then you lost that great idea. That's me. My thoughts just fly by.
Going back, as I was talking about missed opportunities some... certainly more than an hour ago already. I was already on the internet some ten years ago when it was first starting out... over the years I had a lot of opportunities presented to me, opportunities I ignored.. opportunities that other people took advantage of, and I can only read about them now being featured... successful and rich.
Don't ignore your opportunities.
----
*Some people believe that a high profile, in the scene kind of job also pays well.. that is crap, unless you were a made celebrity, many think where there is glory... there is gold.. i have been in and out of many so called in the scene jobs, the type where you actually get to meet and know who's who.. but it didn't pay diddly squat.. oh ok, exaggeration to prove point, and the point being... fame doesn't always mean financial freedom |
0 comments:
Post a Comment